Wednesday, July 31, 2013

My house is a wreck.

Today I am having a great day. 
Despite the fact that there are mountains of laundry that need to be folded (at least they're all clean,) the dishwasher needs to be loaded, and I need to start preparing for supper - all I can think about is how happy I am to be spending this beautiful day with my son. 

We went for a walk this morning, well...I walked and he rode his nifty new trycicle.
We watched Bolt, which is a super cute Disney film about a dog who triumphs in the end, of course, and now he is napping and I am Facebooking/blogging. 

As simple as all of these things are that have made my mood so bright today, I think they need to be mentioned. We get so caught up in the bad of the world sometimes that we don't stop to see the simple happiness that is right in front of our faces. 

Whatever you do, do so with JOY. 

The loads of laundry means I have a house full of people I love. 
The need to cook supper every night means that we are all together around the dinner table. 
The diaper laundry means that I have a beautiful healthy baby boy
And the need to sit on the couch and relax at the end of the day...
That just comes with the job. 

- The Happy Hippie Mama. 

No comments:

Post a Comment